Ref: 1172566Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: HND Electrical Engineering, ECSA - Professional Engineer (Pr Eng)
Annual Package Range: South African Rand (ZAR) 3.1 mil - 3.5 mil, per annum
Total years experience: 30 Years
Company classification: Consulting (engineering, design and systems integrators, civil/QS/architectural)
Industry in: Engineering – Electrical – Energy (energy efficiency/services: solar, wind)
Company size: 1 – 10
Highest formal qualification and other: HND Electrical Engineering, ECSA – Professional Engineer (Pr Eng),
Member of the South African Institute of Electrical Engineers (MSAIEE) and Institute of Directors (IOD)
Discipline: Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
Years of experience range: More than 30 years
Annual package range: South African Rand (ZAR) 3.1 mil – 3.5 mil, per annum
Nationality: South African
Home & other languages: English, Afrikaans
Candidate location: South Africa
Location preference: Open to positions both nationally and internationally
Current / most recent job title?
Director (Executive and Non-Executive) Project Finance
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
Provide Capital Advisory Services to selective clients who need improved focus on identifying, progressing and securing energy and infrastructure projects in Africa.
Present projects include EPC turnkey opportunities in Africa as well as the implementation of an Asset Management system ensuring financial and technical governance and compliance for Renewable Solar and Wind projects. He has been representative on many boards and has chaired committees such as “Risk, “Remuneration”, Development and “Commercial”.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
“Key focus on leadership, clients, shareholders, people, governance, transformation, safety and enterprise development. Guiding the organization and companies to develop a high-quality vision whilst delivering tirelessly on the strategic direction. The goal is to manage and lead the organization towards the realization of its mission. All the above whilst understanding shareholders and Board needs and requirements”.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
Natural ability to be an influential leader with strong emphasis on leading, motivating and creating an environment that encourages entrepreneurship and passion.
4. Ideal business title:
I would be very interested in short- or long-term employment where I can offer advisory and consultancy services, Non-Executive and compliance roles, strategy formulation, marketing and business growth and project development.
5. Skill area of competence:
My exposure includes all facets of construction both in South Africa and Africa. Some of my roles include:
– Develop group strategy focusing on “Growth in Africa and South Africa” across all sectors and disciplines
– Chairperson and various roles and committees on various company boards
– Focus on corporate matters, governance, economic development and people
– Leadership of operational executives and businesses
– Manage and lead risk committees, contract negotiation, commercial disputes and problem mitigation
– Professional delivery, safety standards, governance and compliance
– Investor and Stakeholder relationships
– Strong focus on relationships with Banks, development agencies and insurance institutions
– Client interaction and relationships
– OEM interaction and relationships
One of my portfolios was the management and leadership regarding the development, securing and execution of private and project finance opportunities in South Africa and sub Saharan Africa. I was successful in creating teams and leadership where numerous opportunities were obtained and successfully completed on time and within allowable, some shown below:
– EPC – King Shaka International Airport
– EPC – Gas Power Projects Nigeria
– EPC – Gas Power Projects South Africa
– EPC/O&M – Solar Projects South Africa
– EPC/O&M – Wind Projects South Africa
– Asset Management
– Solar Uganda – Asset Management
– Wind South Africa – Asset Management
– Mini Hydro South Africa
– EPC – Oil and Gas storage depots
7. Ideal company (culture and values):
I would expect an environment where I am able to mentor, advise, guide and review. Open minded and learning company with growth expectations.
If you are looking for a Non -Executive Director with years of experience in chairing both main boards of various companies as well as sub-committees such as remuneration, HR/IR, risk, strategy and growth, commercial and asset management, then do get in touch.
Click to email our Agent or call us on this number: Cell: 0836537750 or Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: #engineering_candidates http://bit.ly/CarynVPs
All available positions #job_search http://bit.ly/CarynJA
Register as a #technical_candidate http://bit.ly/CarynInc
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.