Ref: 1024982Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: Postgraduate Construction Project Management Certificate
Annual Package Range: US Dollar 151 000 - 250 000, per annum
Total years experience: 30 Years
Current / most recent job title?
CPM Civil Solar PV
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
Building KSAs first solar power utility of 405MWdc
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
Design, procurement, logistics, sub contracts, team (HSE, Q, field)
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
Ever learning problem solver
4. Ideal business title:
Head of Construction
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
Mentoring, visioning, relating, sensemaking
6. Skill area of competence:
Surveying, drilling and ramming (blast hole drilling, limited prospecting drilling and balance drilling for water)
Quality compliance. Environmental / HSE Compliance.
Planning and controlling foundation execution process, module installation function and increasing module installation ability.
Managing sub-contractor component and own assets (large workforce).
Reporting Function. Logistics (access roads, etc.)
Liaison and relationship building with consulting engineers, hydro geologist consultants, governmental client, tribal leaders and other stakeholders.
Managing the designing and execution of constructing technically difficult artesian wells.
7. Career summary:
14 military, 7 brokerage, 5 mining, 7 renewables
Numerous, records in industry, many firsts and largest.
2013, January to July:
– First PV utility to connect to grid in South Africa – in time, below cost, exceed quality. Solar project requiring 106232 precision drill and anchor posts. Setting of national and international benchmark in construction of Solar Utility for others to follow.
– 2013 record holes drilled + anchors installed a total of 2401 (6483 meters) in a single shift.
2013, August to November:
– My second large solar project requiring 300000+ Solar PV modules to be installed.
– Record of 9156 modules (2.61MW) (275tons) (ZAR27.5million) in a single shift in those days a huge achievement.
– Wiping out a previous arrear time of 2 months behind schedule; a rescue operation after setting the benchmark earlier in the year.
2014, January to August:
– My third large solar project requiring 60000 precision rammed IPE beams to each withstand a 1500kg deadlift.
– Record IPE’s rammed numbering 2227 I-beams (6681meters) in a single shift.
– Performing a rescue operation as previous international contractor was put off site due to performance issues.
2014, September to May 2015:
– 42 million liters H2O per day delivered from 27 artesian wells in the richest underground artesian basin in South Africa.
– Managing the designing and execution of constructing technically difficult artesian wells. Being able to successfully construct and control artesian boreholes with up to 6 bar artesian pressure.
– Successful permanent seal of a 6 bar, 500 000 liters per hour unstable artesian borehole.
2015, June to September:
– My fourth large solar project requiring 104000 precision drill and anchor posts. Building up a daily average more than 1500 holes drilled, and anchors installed.
2015, November to June 2016:
– Successfully implementing and completing a 3 tier 30MW Solar Power Station comprising individual 10MW components.
– Requirement for 8388 precision rammed sigma profiles in 3D profile for three single axis PV tracker power stations. Installation of 108000 by 305W modules, overall quality control and client acceptance by signature.
– Managing and controlling 3 separate Sub-contractors.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
Integrity and trust
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: #engineering_candidates http://bit.ly/MicheleVPs
All available positions #job_search http://bit.ly/MicheleJA
Register as a #technical_candidate http://bit.ly/MicheleInc
Alternatively click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.
Partner of Global Executive Search Organisation ENEX Worldwide Reach, Local Expertise, True Engagement www.enex-search-hr.com