Ref: 625975Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: B Tech Quality (Business Systems and Processes) & MBL: Executive Project Management & Corporate Strategy.
Annual Package Range: ZAR Over and above 5.0 mil, per annum
Total years experience: 20-30 Years
We are promoting a young, dynamic, African female CEO currently responsible for a Strategic National Asset and looking to expand her board member experience as a Non-Executive Director, available for exploratory interviews. Ref: 625975
A seasoned, strategic business executive of impeccable integrity and a key player in inclusion and diversity (I&D). With a proven track record of turning around projects & business and improving team performance. Known for high standards of corporate governance, results delivery, people development and high performance. She has over 23 years’ working experience, 16 of which are in senior management and executive roles. She’s led projects valued over R20bn ($2.5bn) & business with a P&L of $170M. Her niche is in leading multidisciplinary teams in the services and construction operations in the energy sector.
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
Leads a team responsible for the first of its industry kind in Africa. Setting a clear direction and inspiring people to deliver results that seem impossible.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
– Deliver value for the shareholders
– Accountable for Profit & Losses of the overall business
– Leading the Executive Committee in achieving company objective
– Performance management and Reporting to Board
– Setting and driving strategic direction of the company
– Deployment of resources to fulfil business requirements
– Business growth and development outside of current contract
– Relationship management with all key stakeholders
– Ensuring positive Socio Economic Impact by the business
– Collaboration with International counterparts
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
I am an exceptional business executive with vast experience in leading multidisciplinary teams in the Energy sector. My strength also lies in the balance that I possess in being able to lead both technical and non technical teams. I drive performance, am very results driven, but I equally take care of people and take time to develop them. My purpose in life is to make a difference, achieve my goals but equally take my team with me in that journey. I am passionate about leading high performance teams! I am passionate about making a difference by playing an active role in creating opportunities for skills development, development of small businesses, as well as upliftment of communities around which she does business through corporate social investments.
4. Ideal business title:
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
Similar to my current role with more accountability and authority.
6. Skill area of competence:
– Strategy formulation and delivery
– Risk management and mitigation
– Procurement & contracts management oversight
– Corporate governance management and monitoring
– Clear and confident decision-making
– Business development
– Succession planning
– Change management
– Strategic inclusion and diversity
– Shareholder and stakeholder engagement
– Standards setting
– Policy development
– Financial reporting
– Performance monitoring
– Relationship building
7. Career summary:
20 years’ experience in the Energy sector. Over 23 years’ working experience, 16 of which are in senior management and executive roles
Proven track record of turning around projects & business and improving team performance.
– Appointment as CEO of a strategic national asset
– Opportunity to lead SSA region as P&L leaders and board executive director in the Energy sector.
– Consistently delivering cash and margin
– Turnaround of various projects and teams, which includes the first of its kind project in Africa
– Featured on various media publications for the work that she does as well as on driving diversity and inclusion agenda
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Lead teams towards achievement of specific goals. People development. Project Controls process implementation. Passionate about making a difference by playing an active role in creating opportunities for skills development, development of small businesses, as well as upliftment of communities around which she does business through corporate social investments.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
A company where opinion will be valued regarding strategies that the company may want to implement. High performance organizational that values development of people An organisation where Safety is a value not just a priority An organisation where substandard performance is not tolerated. An environment where people are happy and where there’s great team spirit regardless of the challenges faced. A decisively led organisation.
If you are looking for a strong, dynamic leader that has a proven track record in delivering value and that can challenge the CEO to meet the shareholders’ expectations then do get in touch. Click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: (#engineering_candidates) http://bit.ly/CarynVPs
All available positions (#job_search) http://bit.ly/CarynJA
Register as a (#technical_candidate) http://bit.ly/CarynInc
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.