Highest Formal Qualification: BSc: Metallurgy & Materials Eng.
Other Formal Qualification: MSc: Corrosion Engineering / MBA / Pr. Eng. & EA
Total years experience: 16-20 Years
Current / most recent job title?
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
Employed to operationalise and achieve financial sustainability for SARETEC
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
Overall accountability over the functional management areas such as finance, human resources, operations, marketing, business development, sales and ICT.
Responsible for drafting strategy with the Board and implementing the strategy.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
Passionate about driving shareholder value by having motivated and happy staff and making an impact on society.
4. Ideal business title:
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
6. Skill area of competence:
Marketing & Sales
7. Career summary:
Engineering consulting = 5 years
Manufacturing & mining = 3 years
Venture capital = 5 years
Utilities = 2 years
Renewable energy = 5 years
As Managing Director:
– Established an internationally accredited renewable energy training centre, successfully operationalised by appointing people and putting in place systems.
– Secured three long-term OEM training contracts.
– Delivered an Industry 4.0 blockchain technology project for artisanal skills training.
– Grew turnover by 150% and exited to listed company.
– Successfully aligned the organisational design to deliver on market needs.
– Introduced three new product lines that unlocked new geographic markets and customer segments.
– Instilled a culture of team dynamics resulting in improved team performance and moral.
As General Manager:
– Best performing regional office for three years running with a portfolio Return on Investment (ROI) of 32%.
– Undertook a due diligence exercise on a €20million investment with the European Venture Capital Association.
– Successfully managed a difficult change management process with staff affected by a merger of six entities.
As Commercialisation Manager:
– Thirty-five investments completed with 7 successfully commercialised.
– Participated in a team that successfully concluded an acquisition by a well-know toy brand abroad.
– Optimisation of due diligence processes to make more sound investment decisions.
As Design & Development Engineer:
– Registered seven new designs with global PCT patents.
– Efficiency improvement of 30% at the heat treatment station of the drill bit plant.
– Trademarked drill bit design resulted in a 24% cost saving for the mining client.
As Metallurgical Engineer:
– Completed 168 metallurgical failure engineering reports.
– Produced two variants of titanium Ti-6Al-4V investment cast products for Airbus.
– Developed a titanium beneficiation roadmap for South Africa.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Driving growth to the satisfaction of key stakeholders including employees.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
Small to medium size company with values around respect, quality, hard working, driven and team efforts.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: #engineering_candidates http://bit.ly/MicheleVPs
All available positions #job_search http://bit.ly/MicheleJA
Register as a #technical_candidate http://bit.ly/MicheleInc
Alternatively click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.
Partner of Global Executive Search Organisation ENEX Worldwide Reach, Local Expertise, True Engagement www.enex-search-hr.com