Our client has a vacancy for Senior Electronic Engineer in the Sensor Science and Technology (SST) competence area within the Material Science and Manufacturing (MSM) unit. The Senior Electronic Engineer will be required to work in a multi-disciplinary environment supporting research, design and development in the area of digital signal processing.
The Sensor Science and Technology (SST) competence area focuses on research and development in ultrasound transducers and systems, solid-state actuation and electro-optic technologies and applications. Projects are conducted across the innovation chain in order to develop ultimate solutions into the market. Such work is often conducted in collaboration with industrial clients, both local and international.
The ideal incumbent will have a Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering with at least six years relevant experience and have experience in product development and R&D processes; programming experience in Matlab and/or other similar programming languages. Knowledge and experience in development and implementation of digital signal processing algorithm is required. Added advantages would be experience in digital communication; experience in system engineering; programming experience in C/C++, Android or Java as well as knowledge of VHDL/Verilog.
Job description / core competencies:
- Develop, test and implement software using scripting languages such as Matlab and Python;
- Develop and implement Labview software on hardware platforms, including FPGAs;
- Design, test and implement embedded hardware, firmware and software architecture;
- Perform system testing and integration;
- Clear documentation of all phases and outputs of the development;
- Inputs to project planning, costing, and proposal writing;
- Ensure that quality processes are followed.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering with at least six years relevant experience. A Master’s degree will be an advantage;
- Must have experience in product development and R&D processes;
- Must have programming experience in Matlab and/or other similar programming languages;
- SS-F-HR-363 REV06 Advert Material Science and Manufacturing;
- Knowledge and experience in development and implementation of digital signal processing algorithm is required and experience in digital communication would be an advantage;
- Experience in system engineering will be an advantage;
- Programming experience in C/C++, Android or Java will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of VHDL/Verilog will be an advantage;
- A good understanding of digital and analogue circuits, interfaces and standards;
- Technical leadership abilities and willingness to coach and mentor junior engineers and technicians;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment with clients, Engineers, Scientists, Project Managers and Technicians.
Africa’s premier research and knowledge organisation offering fast-tracked career development through further advanced studies and the career satisfaction of creating the innovations and technology of tomorrow. They pride themselves on being a world-class African research and development organisation that is geared to solving Africas and South Africas problems today and in the future. They undertake directed, multidisciplinary research and technological innovation that contributes to the improved quality of life of South Africans and Africans. The key issues that they address through various interventions include: creating a vibrant economy and employment opportunities as well as contributing to the development of economic and social infrastructure like transport, energy, water resources and ICT networks. They look for the smartest, highly-skilled and highly-educated in their respected fields and ensure that all their programs and initiatives are well-supported and well-funded. In this research-driven, innovative, dream-big environment, the stellar career path they offer will ensure exposure to different industries and partners as well as the finest research and conference invitations both locally and internationally.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.