Our client is a recognized global leader; a South African distributor of Global Premium Brands (new and used equipment) in the Agriculture, Mineral Processing, Earth Moving and Materials Handling Industries offering multiple career advancement opportunities.
They currently have a vacancy for a Product Support Specialist to be responsible for product business development projects, product specification and price positioning, growth strategy implementation, profitable market share growth through distribution network marketing and sales support and product sales training.
The successful candidate would have completed a Principal Supplier Product training course and have at least 5 years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Maintain market intelligence and identify customer needs through interaction with dealers, customers, scheduled market survey and competitor product analysis.
- Maintain scheduled competitive pricing analysis and product specification comparisons for principal supplier pricing negotiations.
- Communicate product specification, option and attachment change requirements to principal supplier for ongoing product selection and development to address local market segment opportunities.
- Update specification and order code and pricing schedules to ensure competitiveness.
- Participate in demand and stock order planning to ensure a steady supply pipeline to support sales objectives.
- Compile product program information for new introductions, road shows, exhibitions, company profile, advertising & promotions and customer information events.
- Improve product and application knowledge basic set up and optimization of equipment through conducting product training, dealer and customer product clinics per plan.
- Participate in customer information events, shows, exhibitions and key account sales efforts, identify gaps and develop processes to improve efficiencies.
- Manage dealer and customer relationships, interaction and recommendations relating to product program, specifications, application, price & positioning and new product introductions.
- Assist with clear product support communication on failure escalation and product rectification management implementation.
- Interact with principal supplier product management to strengthen relationships and improve efficiencies.
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Post Matric qualification
- Principal Supplier Product training course completed.
- Business school courses completed (MDP, etc)
- 5+ Years working experience
- Agriculture industry, market segment and network distribution management experience
- Mechanisation equipment application experience
- Technical sales management and key account management experience
- Experience with systems, policies & procedures
- Business planning process management experience
- Commercial understanding & financial acumen
- Product & technical sales knowledge
- Report writing & presentation skills
- Business planning & management skills
- Computer literacy
- System & program knowledge / use
- Innovative & assertive
- Passion for brand and product
- Passion for customer service excellence
- Attention to detail and follow-up on deadlines
- Good people, oral and written communication skills
- Commands respect and engenders trust
- Sound influence, flexibility and intelligence
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Hands-on management style
- Operational and process oriented
- Focused on business results
- Focused on continuous improvement
- Performance ownership driven
South African Distributor of Global Premium Brands in the Agriculture, Mineral Processing, Earthmoving, Materials Handling Industries.
An ability to develop and grow businesses in multiple geographies including challenging territories with high growth prospects. Committed to sustainable development and playing a leading role in empowerment and transformation. The company has operations globally.
Their success is based on inspired, aligned, empowered, results-driven, globally competitive, passionate people who create value through strategic innovation and continuous improvement. Their customers are more successful with them than with their competitors. Working for a global leader creates endless career opportunities for you.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR .