Ref: Ref: 1026269
If you have a passion for automation equipment, this is an excellent opportunity to gain technical experience and advance your career in a biomedical manufacturing environment. Our client develops and produces radically innovative, affordable, disposable medical devices leading to a positive patient experience thereby making a long term contribution towards advancing healthcare.
They are inviting suitable applicants to apply for the position of Mechatronic Design Engineer. The ideal incumbent will have a formal qualification (National Diploma or higher) in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering, 3-5 years’ experience as a Design Engineer, specifically in the manufacturing automation or packaging industries, and be a proficient user of SolidWorks.
Reports to: Design and Development Manager. Primary purpose: Design, development and realisation of automated manufacturing equipment for use in the internal manufacturing facility. Key Job Functions:
- Develop new automation concepts/specifications or make improvements to existing plant equipment with input from a number of sources (manufacturing, engineering, quality, etc.)
- Design automation machines for products and assemblies using knowledge of electronic controls, pneumatic actuators, mechanical systems and operator interfaces.
- Set, implement and maintain schedules to ensure project completion within time and budget.
- Project manage realisation of equipment (i.e. procurement, fabrication, assembling and commissioning).
- Manage external vendors effectively.
- Follow the equipment and make requested automation changes and corrections throughout the life of the equipment.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum: National Diploma / Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- 3-5 Years’ experience as a Design Engineer, specifically in the manufacturing automation or packaging industries.
- Proficient user of SolidWorks.
- A solid understanding and passion for automation equipment.
- Experienced designer of mechanical, pneumatic and electronic systems.
- Careful but decisive decision-making ability.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good track record of managing external vendors.
- A self-starter who takes a proactive approach.
- A self-motivated individual who excels in a challenging environment.
Our client develops and produces radically innovative, affordable, disposable medical devices leading to a positive patient experience thereby making a long term contribution towards advancing healthcare. They strive for quality and reliability excellence, managed by strict and comprehensive quality standards.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.